Lock screen is really an annoyance. If you are doing some important matters on your computer and it suddenly stops and shows a lock screen notification such as ICE virus. Cyber criminals are always updating the design of this lock screen virus; however, you have to remember that this ICE Cyber Crime Center can never lock-down your computer. The message threat could be localized according to your location.
ICE virus is also known as the ransom ware that belongs to Reveton family that displays fake notification pretending to come from ICE Cyber Crime Center. When the virus is set up in your computer system, which will totally lock-down your computer and affirms that ICE has identified your PC has been implicated from illegal virtual activities. Moreover, they have made the alert looks more authentic since the virus has the capability to way into your webcam for the fake virus notification can show what’s happening in your room.
If this happens, when you are trying to log in to your windows OS or Safe mode, your computer will display the lock-screen notification that tells you to pay $300 within forty-eight hours by way of Monepak, Ukash or Paysafecard.
Remember, your computer is not being blocked by Department of Homeland Security’s ICE Cyber Center. However, it is caused by the virus or ransom ware made by these cyber criminals who are wearisome to make you pay for an illegal activity that you have not executed. Never fall into their scam, below are some tips on how you can remove the annoying virus into your computer system.
ICE virus removal using System Restore
System Restore can help you to restore your system files into an earlier condition before the ransom ware attack. This is the way to undo the changes of your computer system without touching your files like emails, photos and important documents. Since, ICE virus will stop you from using the computer’s Windows regular mode; you will need to use the System Restore coming from the Safe Mode using the Command Prompt mode.
Using System Restore to bring back Windows in its earlier state:
- Reboot the computer to its Safe Mode using the Command Prompt. To accomplish this, turn off your computer and on. After opening and you something on screen, immediately tap the F8 key on the keyboard.
- When you have Windows 8, you need to hold Shift button then lightly tap F8 frequently, by doing this, it will bring you to the new recovery mode from where you can find the repair options.
- Using prompt command, type rrstui.exe and the press ENTER. On the other hand, if you use Windows Vista, 7 and 8, you may type: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe, then press ENTER. And if ever you use Windows XP, type C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, then press ENTER.
- System Restore must start and you’ll display also the listing of restore points. Try to use any restore point made just prior to the date and the time your computer was infected by the ICE Cyber Crime Center lock screen virus.
- Upon completion of the task of System Restore, begin your personal computer on the regular mode of Windows and you do the scanning using MalwarebytesAnti-Malware and HitmanPro.